Installing Your New Catalytic Converter
1. There are four (4) oxygen sensors (two per side) in your Camaro converters. Find and unplug each of the four (4) sensors. Unplugging these sensors can be a bit tricky. Some patience is required.
2. Unbolt the converter to manifold connection using a 15mm socket. You have to unbolt these from the engine compartment as the bolts are facing upwards.
Note: Make sure you undo the top bolts (CAT to MANIFOLD) first. If you undo the bottom first and then the top, the cat will fall and possibly break or damage the O2 sensors.
Note: This upward positioning of the bolts will be repeated when installing the SOLO cats. This is necessary to have access to the O2 sensor directly beneath these bolts.
3. Undo the bottom bolts using a 15mm socket. Carefully remove the converter.
4. Carefully remove the oxygen sensors from the stock converter with a 22ml or 7/8” wrench or special O2 socket.
5. Take great care not to mix up the O2 positions. They have to be put back in the same position from where they were taken.
6. Install the new SOLO Cats. The cats are market with a R (Passenger side) and L (Driver’s side).
7. Sequence at Cat to Manifold connection from underneath the car:
– Bolt facing upwards
– Flat washer
– Solo gasket *Provided (Please be careful with the edges as they can be sharp.)
– Flat washer
– Lock washer
8. Use the stock GM band clamps at the rear converter connection.
9. Finger tighten all bolts and manipulate the cat into alignment.
10. At this time the SOLO CATS should be sitting in place with the O2 sensors still removed.
11. Snug and then tighten all 8 bolts. Do this in an even manner. The front bolts can be either tightened from the bottom or top with a 9/16” socket.
12. Screw the front oxygen sensors into the O2 bungs on the SOLO FREE-FLOW CATS until very snug.
13. Screw the two (2) O2 extenders into the rear O2 ports of your converter until very snug. Screw the two (2) rear O2 sensors into the extenders until snug.
14. Plug in all four (4) O2 sensors into the wiring harness.
15. Check all connections and O2’s to ensure they are tight and plugged in.
16. Check for rattles and tip alignment.
17. Drive away and… Enjoy Going Solo!