MRT Participates in the 2016 HOT ROD Power Tour
Road Trip with the MRT SEMA Truck: 2015 Ford F-150 TKO
Seven cities, seven days and over 1,500 miles in between. Our custom Ford F-150 TKO performed as expected. A 1,500-mile journey is no stroll in the park, but our TKO with a 6-speed manual transmission from TREMEC, ate the miles right up.
This year was the first year that MRT attended the 2016 HOT ROD Power Tour. Boy can we say it was a HOT one. Record temperatures and humidity at most stops didn’t prevent participants and spectators from attending.
MRT attended the 2016 HOT ROD Power Tour with our 2015 Ford F-150 TKO. With a TREMEC Magnum 6-speed manual transmission and a clutch & flywheel from Exedy, this truck is far from the stock ones you see at your local dealers.
Some of our other modifications include:
Day one, Gonzales, Louisiana, at the Lamar Dixon Expo Center. Intense sun followed by a torrential downpour made for a super muggy and hot afternoon. The TKO performed without a hitch despite the heat and muggy conditions!
Day two was a smooth drive to Baytown, Texas. Royal Purple Raceway held a drag racing event before we had to close up shop due to a large storm moving into the area.
Day three was an absolute wonder at Circuit of the Americas Raceway, in Austin, Texas. Thousands of tremendous cars filling a venue that can compete with other world class racetracks. What a great day!
On day four, we headed to Grand Prairie, Texas. Although it was still a warm day, this one was one of the milder ones. So many awesome cars to see.
Day five was a long haul into Oklahoma. This was a great day for wide open scenery, wide open throttles and a rolling car show for all to enjoy. Fields and hot rods for as long as the eye could see. Rolling hills, chrome and amazing paint glistening in the sun was a spectacle anyone would enjoy. The F-150 TKO was one of the sights to see. With a custom paint job and custom fabrication, you couldn’t help but stare at it.
Day six was filled with open scenery, rolling hills and badass hot rods as we rolled into Wichita, Kansas. What a fantastic drive to enjoy the cars and the people that came out for the 2016 Power Tour. It was hard to believe that in one more day, it was going to be all over until next year.
Despite the oven-like Kansas City, on day seven, the TKO F-150 had no issues. No overheating or even the slightest hiccup. It was a strange and sad feeling that the 2016 Power Tour was now coming to an end. It was a time to enjoy the cars, the people and the drive. We had a wonderful time making new friends and seeing all of the amazing vehicles that the participants brought out. Thank you for the memories and the drive of a lifetime HOT ROD Power Tour.
- About MRT
- MRT Products
- MRT Premium Exhaust Systems
- MRT "No Drill" Hood Struts
- MRT Classic Rear Window Louvers
- MRT Shift Knobs
- MRT Shorty Antenna's
- MRT Front Splitters & Fascia
- Engineer+Enthusiast=Excitement Book
- Brands We Carry
- MRT Garage
- 2017 MRT Sport Touring Mustang EcoBoost
- 2017 Webasto Ballistic Ford Fusion Sport
- 2015 MRT TKO FORD F150 EcoBoost
- 2015 MRT TKO Mustang EcoBoost
- 2014 MRT Forza 5 Edition Fiesta ST
- 2013 MRT Fusion Sport Touring
- 2012 MRT TKO Mustang V6
- 2012 MRT Sturgis Mustang Rally Edition Mustang
- 2011 MRT Predator Mustang GT
- 2010 MRT Taurus Best of SHO
- 2010 MRT Fusion T4
- 2008 MRT Bullitt Reloaded Mustang
- 2008 MRT Work Horse Ford F350
- 2008 MRT Hot Rod Lincoln MKZ
- 2007 MRT Fusion T5
- 2006 MRT Cherry 6T6 Mustang Convertible
- 2005 MRT Interceptor Mustang GT
- 2003 Mustang Mach 1
- 2003 MRT Surfchaser Mustang Cobra Convertible
- 2003 MRT Mustang Mach 1 Racer V2.0
- 2001 MRT Bullitt Reload #31
- 2001 MRT Bullitt 001 Mustang
- 1966 MRT Customs Ford Bronco
- MRT Vehicles on Motoroso