Heavy Duty Rugged Design Manufactured With Craftmanship And Quality In Mind
Don't let your factory prop rod distract from all that power you've packed under the hood. Give your engine bay a clean, custom look with MRT Hood Struts for the 2011-2019 Ford Explorer, featuring the Original, "No Drill" design.
Unlike other Hood Strut Kits in the aftermarket, this MRT handcrafted kit requires NO DRILLING for installation, meaning no holes drilled ANYWHERE. MRT Hood Struts easily install in 20 minutes or less from start to finish.
These hood struts are designed to work with the factory OE hood and to reuse existing factory hood attachment points - No drilling required! MRT hood strut brackets are made out of high-quality steel for the utmost durability and come standard with a quality Black Powder Coat Finish or 2 custom finish options -- carbon fiber look and factory paint code.
*** Note: MRT will use factory paint code and formula to paint custom brackets. There is no guarantee of exact match due to vehicle age, sun exposure, etc. ***
Application: All 2011-2019 Ford Explorer OE Factory Hood
Doesn't Fit: Aftermarket hoods - call MRT for proper gas strut sizing (you provide hood weight!)
Have you had your MRT hood struts for awhile and looking for replacement gas cylinders? Visit here
- Can the bracket match my vehicle? Yes, custom colors are available for an additional fee.
- How do I determine my vehicle paint code? 2-digit code is located in the driver side door jamb
- Do I have to drill holes in my vehicle? No, MRT Hood struts reuse the existing OE attachments.
- Is this product made in the USA? Yes, designed, crafted and manufactured in the USA at MRT's Plymouth, MI location
11-19 Ford Explorer MRT Hood Strut Installation
- What kind of material are the brackets made out of? High quality steel and black PowderCoat finish for durability
- Where is it made? Developed and handcrafted in-house at MRT facility in Plymouth, MI
- Are they available for aftermarket hood? Yes, gas strut pressure may need adjustment, call MRT for assistance in sizing
- How do I get noticed? Clean underhood appearance - no prop rod blocking your view or obstructing your engine work
- What's the bracket finish? Black is standard, Carbon Fiber or vehicle matching option available with additional fee
- Will my Explorer be modified? No, MRT hood strut re-uses factory attachment holes so its easy to return to stock
- Can I install this myself? Yes, MRT engineered these hood struts for a simple do-it-yourself (DIY) installation
- How long does it take to install? No more than 30 minutes
- What is included? All necessary hardware. No special tools required.
Download Explorer Template