The Chevrolet Camaro is one of the classic pony cars — but who wants theirs to drive and sound just like everybody else’s? MRT is where to find a Chevy Camaro exhaust system that brings out the amazing power and sound you’ve been searching for. We started as a Mustang technology shop, but we now design exhausts for dozens of popular muscle and sport machines. These exhaust systems for the Chevy Camaro increase horsepower and amp up the decibels so you’ll get noticed every time you go for a spin. You’ll get better fuel mileage, too!
Bring your Camaro to life with handcrafted custom exhaust systems that have been inspected at least four times to ensure they meet our quality standards. We currently offer exhausts for both the fifth-gen and sixth-gen Camaro SS and Camaro V6 as well as the turbocharged I4. Order MRT Camaro SS cat-back exhausts or axle-back exhausts that are efficient and durable. The Street Performance exhaust series levels up on horsepower with a balanced sound while the Badass Series adds an extra dose of aggressive loudness. Up to three versions of each system are available, so there’s one perfect for your car. Our product line is always expanding, so give us a call if there’s something specific you’re looking for!
MRT Camaro exhaust systems are engineered from the ground up to match a car’s DNA for a unique but familiar sound. These exhausts are handcrafted from T304 stainless steel right at our Plymouth, MI headquarters. A straight-through muffler design maximizes exhaust flow. No tune is necessary to maximize performance and you can install them yourself in an hour using stands shop tools. It’s the perfect DIY upgrade for custom car fanatics and speed demons. Add the Black Ops finish for an intimidating look or stick with classic polished steel — the choice is yours. We understand exhaust sound better than anyone and have the solution for your Camaro.
Camaro Exhaust FAQs
Why can't I find an aftermarket cat-back for my 2010 - 2015 (or for the fifth gen) Camaro?
- The underbody vehicle package of a convertible Camaro is different from a coupe so a unique cat-back mid-pipe routing is required.
- MRT offers T304 stainless steel cat-back for the Camaro V6 convertible and the Camaro SS convertible -- also available in 2 sound levels: sport performance or aggressive race performance sound
What exhaust system provides a good balance of loudness, drone and performance?
- Yes, the MRT version 2 street performance series is one of the most popular Camaro exhaust systems.
- It system provides a nice balance between the exhaust loudness, drone and performance giving you a great, spirited driving experience with a comfortable exhaust presence in highway driving and a managed exhaust sound at low speed and idle
- Available for the Camaro SS, Camaro V6 or the Camaro I4
Can you give a V6 Camaro a deep muscle car sound?
- The MRT H-pipe is designed to translate your V6 Camaro exhaust note into a deeper baritone sound and is packaged with a drone management system to minimize the unpleasant hum in some driving conditions so you experience the most pleasant ride experience the Camaro offers.
- You can't make a V6 sound like the V8 muscle cars of the 70's but an H-pipe sure gets you close.
In the loudest exhaust systems, like a MRT version 1, is there a lot of drone? Is the drone bad or illegal?
- Exhaust drone is a tone and vibration created by the vehicle's exhaust and engine at specific RPM.
- It's not a bad thing but it can be annoying -- kind of like a singer who is out of tune or one piano key that is flat everytime you play it.
Can you still use the Camaro dual mode exhaust with an aftermarket exhaust?
- The sixth gen Camaro is available with an optional dual mode exhaust (code NPP) so you can change the exhaust noise.
- With the MRT exhaust installed, your car will be FULL TIME COOL with a deep muscle car sound that you can always hear!! Essentially, the MRT exhaust system replaces the full exhaust OE tube.
- During installation, we suggest adding an MRT Power Plate to connect to the active exhaust valve motor so that the check engine light is not activated
What exhaust fits the Camaro RS or Camaro GFX package?
- The exhaust tip design is different for each package
- For the RS package, look for exhaust tips that are round and fit into the square cutouts in the RS bumper such as MRT part # 91A177
- For the GFX package, look for exhaust tips that are round and fit into a smaller square cutout that is framed in chrome in the rear bumper such as MRT part # 91A180 or 91A179