Chevy Camaro Exhaust Systems & Accessories
Since it was introduced in 1967, the Chevy Camaro has been one of the world's most popular pony cars. You can give yours an extra hop in its step by installing an MRT aftermarket Camaro exhaust system. We know how much Camaro owners love customizing their cars, and a performance exhaust is one of the best dollar-for-dollar ways to do so. You'll get a system designed to unleash the decibels that have been hibernating - all while increasing horsepower and boosting fuel mileage.
Performance Camaro Exhausts
Help your pony grow into a full-fledged stallion with more than 30 different Chevy Camaro aftermarket exhausts. Our Camaro axle-back systems offer big sound and moderate horsepower gains at a solid price. The diehard who wants the best of everything should go with a Camaro cat-back exhaust. Choose the Version 1 exhaust for a sporty muscle car sound, the Version 2 exhaust for a mellower sound with minimal drone or the Version 3 system that's as aggressive as they come. MRT also has specially-designed exhaust systems for the Camaro SS, Camaro I4 and other performance trims.
Each exhaust is handcrafted in the U.S. from rustproof T304 stainless steel that resists corrosion. With 2.5-inch mandrel-bent tubing, a straight-through muffler and 3.5-inch tips, these systems are designed inside and out for maximum performance. The tips are available in polished stainless steel or matte black to enhance visual style, too. These DIY Chevy Camaro exhaust systems don't require a tuning so you can instantly Hear the Difference, Feel the Performance and Get Noticed.
Camaro Exhaust FAQs
Who sells an aftermarket cat-back for 2010 - 2015 (or for the fifth gen) Camaro convertible?
- The underbody vehicle package of a convertible Camaro is different from a coupe so a unique cat-back mid-pipe routing is required.
- MRT offers T304 stainless steel cat-back for the Camaro V6 convertible and the Camaro SS convertible -- also available in 2 sound levels: sport performance or aggressive race performance sound
What exhaust system provides a good balance of loudness, drone and performance?
- Yes, the MRT version 2 street performance series is one of the most popular Camaro exhaust systems.
- It system provides a nice balance between the exhaust loudness, drone and performance giving you a great, spirited driving experience with a comfortable exhaust presence in highway driving and a managed exhaust sound at low speed and idle
- Available for the Camaro SS, Camaro V6 or the Camaro I4
Can you give a V6 Camaro a deep muscle car sound?
- The MRT H-pipe is designed to translate your V6 Camaro exhaust note into a deeper baritone sound and is packaged with a drone management system to minimize the unpleasant hum in some driving conditions so you experience the most pleasant ride experience the Camaro offers.
- You can't make a V6 sound like the V8 muscle cars of the 70's but an H-pipe sure gets you close.
In the loudest exhaust systems, like a MRT version 1, is there a lot of drone? Is the drone bad or illegal?
- Exhaust drone is a tone and vibration created by the vehicle's exhaust and engine at specific RPM.
- It's not a bad thing but it can be annoying -- kind of like a singer who is out of tune or one piano key that is flat everytime you play it.
Can you still use the Camaro dual mode exhaust with an aftermarket exhaust?
- The sixth gen Camaro is available with an optional dual mode exhaust (code NPP) so you can change the exhaust noise.
- With the MRT exhaust installed, your car will be FULL TIME COOL with a deep muscle car sound that you can always hear!! Essentially, the MRT exhaust system replaces the full exhaust OE tube.
- During installation, we suggest adding an MRT Power Plate to connect to the active exhaust valve motor so that the check engine light is not activated
What exhaust fits the Camaro RS or Camaro GFX package?
- The exhaust tip design is different for each package
- For the RS package, look for exhaust tips that are round and fit into the square cutouts in the RS bumper such as MRT part # 91A177
- For the GFX package, look for exhaust tips that are round and fit into a smaller square cutout that is framed in chrome in the rear bumper such as MRT part # 91A180 or 91A179